HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM TERRI KERR + CO. TEAM!
SAFETY TIP LIST FOR KIDS VENTURING OUT ON THEIR OWN FOR HALLOWEEN
1. Flashlights (Use a real one! Much more fun than using a phone.)
2. Only use the phone if necessary. A designated check-in time for an update keeps them grounded.
3. Only go to homes that are being visited by others and have lights on.
4. Stay on streets that have other trick-or-treaters.
5. Tell your child NOT to eat any candy until you have looked it over. Okay – so that isn’t going to happen. But do explain that any candy, even if it is a favorite, if it is open in any way it has to be thrown out. Then also remind them which candy is your favorite so they can save that for you.
6. Do not approach dogs you do not know. Always ask the owner for permission before approaching even dogs you do know.
7. Do not talk to anyone driving by in a car. Review this with them: If an adult needs help they should be asking another adult – not kids. They have permission if approached by someone in a car to yell No! and run in the opposite direction the car is facing and contact their trusted adults immediately.